Rara Lake trek is the biggest mountains lakes in Nepal, located in the far western region. Rara lake trek is popular not only to explore this mountains Lakeside but also the remote and isolated village in Mugu district in the Karnali zone. The Rara Lake is stretched with 8 sq. km and the perimeter 9 km. the length of lake is 5 km and it is 2 km side, situated at the altitude of 3060 m. the maximum depth is 167 m. Rara lakeside is not known. Rara Lake is surrounded by the long ridge forests and alpine pastures, enclosed with high valleys. One of the features of this trekking is that you will have chance to explore the beautiful Rara Lake and its surrounding alpine meadow, the steamy forest and exploring of Rara National Park which is adjoined with the Lake. The Park is the home to a number of endangered animals namely Himalayan black bear, red panda to name a few and also popular for photography of Himalayan vegetations, where you also can see endangered birds and wild animals, moreover amazed with incredible landscapes, stunning Himalayan Panorama, serene Rara Lake and typical village life.
Rara Lake trek begins with flight from Kathmandu to Nepalgunj, subsequently fly to Jumla and then continue trekking trekking to Rara Lake side through Rara National Park and explore all around and then return back from same route to Jumla and fly back to Pokhara or Nepalgunj and subsequently to Kathmandu.
- Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu
- Day 02: Full day sightseeing in Kathmandu
- Day 03: Kathmandu by bus to Nepalgunj
- Day 04: Nepalgunj fly to Jumla
- Day 05: Jumla to Jhaljhale Chaur 2900m 5 hours
- Day 06: Jhaljhale Chaur to Sinja 2440m 6 hours
- Day 07: Sinja to Gorusingha 3000m 6 hours
- Day 08: Gorusingha to Rara Lake 3062m 6 hours
- Day 09: to 10: Rara Lake Sight Seeing
- Day 11: Bhulbhule 3130m 6 hours
- Day 12: Bhulbhule to Danfe Lagna 3000m 6 hours
- Day 13: Danfe Lagna – Jumla
- Day 14: Jumla – Nepalgunj
- Day 15: Nepalgunj Kathmandu by bus
- Day 16: Kathmandu free day or shopping
- Day 17: Departure to Kathmandu Airport, for the further programs.
- Airport / Hotel / Airport pick up & transfer by private car / van/ Haice. (Depend on group size).
- Kathmandu city tours, tour guide and private car / van
- Four night´s accommodation in Kathmandu twin sharing bed with B/B plan.
- Kathmandu city tour as per the above itinerary
- One night´s accommodation in Nepalgunj twin sharing bed with A/C room including Dinner and breakfast in Hotel Batika.
- Kathmandu - Nepalgunj - Kathmandu Domestic flight including airport departure tax for round trip.
- Neaplgunj - Juphal - Nepalgunj airfare including departure tax for round trip.
- Airport/ Hotel/ Airport pick up and drop by van/ car/haice in Nepalgunj.
- Meals on full board (breakfast, lunch, dinner, tea & coffee) prepared by our expert cook
- Twin sharing tented accommodation during the trek
- An experience guide (trained by Ministry of tourism), required number of porters, their food, accommodation, salary, insurance, equipments
- Trekking equipment (two men tent, dining tent, kitchen tent, table with chairs, kitchen utensils, and other necessary equipments during the trek)
- Special trekking permit.
- National park permit and TIM´s card.
- Helicopter rescue service arrangement in emergency case. (But clients need to pay from their rescue covered Travel insurance)
- Safe drinking water, boiled/iodine tablets.
- First aid medical kit bag.
- All program according to itineraries on full board.
- All government and local taxes and office service charge.
- Nepal entry visa fee
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu.
- Sightseeing entrance fee.
- Travel insurance, medical insurance and helicopter rescue.
- International airfare and departure tax.
- Nepal entry visa: you can obtain a visa easily upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport in Kathmandu. (A multiple-entry tourist visa good for 30 days can be obtained by paying US $ 40 or equivalent foreign currency. Similarly, multiple-entry tourist visas for 90 days can be obtained by paying US $ 100. Please bring 2 copies of passport-size photos.)
- All cold drinks such as: alcoholic beverages, mineral water, Coke, Fanta, juice, etc.
- Hot and cold showers during the trek
- Personal shopping, laundry, internet, battery charge in camera, phone call and donation in Monastery and temple.
- Personal trekking equipment.
- Tips for trekking staff (Tipping is appreciated but it is not mandatory)
- Any others expenses which are not mentioned on price including section.
- Day 01 :Arrival in Kathmandu
- Day 02 :Full day sightseeing in Kathmandu
- Day 03 :Kathmandu by bus to Nepalgunj
- Day 04 :Nepalgunj fly to Jumla
- Day 05 :Jumla to Jhaljhale Chaur 2900m 5 hours
- Day 06 :Jhaljhale Chaur to Sinja 2440m 6 hours
- Day 07 :Sinja to Gorusingha 3000m 6 hours
- Day 08 :Gorusingha to Rara Lake 3062m 6 hours
- Day 09 :to 10: Rara Lake Sight Seeing
- Day 11 :Bhulbhule 3130m 6 hours
- Day 12 :Bhulbhule to Danfe Lagna 3000m 6 hours
- Day 13 :Danfe Lagna – Jumla
- Day 14 :Jumla – Nepalgunj
- Day 15 :Nepalgunj Kathmandu by bus
- Day 16 :Kathmandu free day or shopping
- Day 17 :Departure to Kathmandu Airport, for the further programs.
If the above schedule does not meet your need and interest, we can design individualized travel plans based on your preferences.
Trip is possible to conduct in any time if the group size has two or more pax.