Tibet overland tour is one of the frequently organized and popular trips in Tibet. Tibet, the mysterious land, no doubt has been ultimate destination to thousands of travelers from around the around. Of the various different packages operated in Tibet, the Tibet overland tour is one of the shortest and the most amazing trip operated by various trekking and tour agencies in Nepal, one of them is Thin Air Adventure Team. One of the features of this trip is that you will be able to explore the fascinating Buddhist monastery popularly known as Gompas, ancient markets, you will also pass through the desert, the caves, and monasteries including the Potala palace, from where you can have stunning clear views of Mt. Everest as well.
Tibet overland tour begins with a day drive from Kathmandu to the Tibetan border at Kodari known as Zhangmu and pass through Khasa, and then you will have jeep drive from Nyalam to Lhatse across the Tibetan plateau with spectacular mountain views and pass through Lalung La pass (5,050 m) and Tingri, a small town from where you will views of Mt. Everest as well. Similarly, you will continue drive from Lhatse to Shigatse, en route you will visit to Sakya monastery and and continue to Gyantse on the way you will visit to Shalu monastery and finally you will reach at Lhasa through Yamdruk lake (Turquoise lake), you journey ends at Lasha, where you will have sightseeing tour with guide, visit to Potala palace, Jokhang temple, the summer palace of the Dalai Lama and also visit to Drepung monastery, Sera Monastery and finally after making an excursion all around, you will have flight from Lasha to Kathmandu.
- Day 01: ARRIVE LHASA (3650m)
- Day 02: LHASA SIGHTSEEING (3650m)
- Day 03: LHASA SIGHTSEEING (3650m)
- Day 04: LHASA GYANGTSE (3990m, 350 Kms).
- Day 05: GYANGTSE SHALU SHIGATSE (3860m, 90 Kms).
- Day 06: SHIGATSE SAKYA SHEGAR (4350m, 232 kms)
- Day 07: SHEGAR ZHANGMU (2300 m, 160 Kms)
- Tibet alien travel permits
- Monasteries entrance fees and English-speaking guide
- Accommodation with breakfast
- All necessary land transportation by Japanese made Land cruiser
- Sightseeing tours as per the program
- Visa fee
- Air ticket (Lhasa-Kathmandu) or Kathamndu Lhasa.
- Urgent visa fee
- Lunch and dinner
- Airport taxes
- Nepal re-entry visa fee
- Expenses of personal nature
- Day 01 :ARRIVE LHASA (3650m) Fly from Kathmandu, Beijing or Chengdu to Gongar Airport, Lhasa in Tibet. Upon arrival you will be met by your Tibet Guide and transferred (90 Kms) to Lhasa. Hotel.
- Day 02 :LHASA SIGHTSEEING (3650m) Guided sightseeing tour of Potala, the winter palace of the Dalai Lama; Drepung, the biggest monastic university of Tibet & Nechung Monastery, temple of the State oracle of Tibet. Hotel.
- Day 03 :LHASA SIGHTSEEING (3650m) Guided sightseeing tour of Jokhang, the central cathedral of Tibet, Barkhor, the bustling Lhasa market encircling the Jokhang Temple, Tibetan Medical Center & Norbulinka Palace. Hotel.
- Day 04 :LHASA GYANGTSE (3990m, 350 Kms). Drive via Yamdrok Tso, the Turquoise Lake, to Gyangtse across Kampa la (5050 m) & Karo la (5045 m) passes. Visit Kubum Stupa & Pelkor Chode Monastery. Hotel.
- Day 05 :GYANGTSE SHALU SHIGATSE (3860m, 90 Kms). Drive to Shigatse. En route visit Shalu Monastery. Visit Tashilhunpo Monastery, the seat of Panchen Lama who is the 2nd in the Tibetan Buddhist religious hierarchy & Shigatse Market. Hotel.
- Day 06 :SHIGATSE SAKYA SHEGAR (4350m, 232 kms) Drive to Shegar across Tsou la pass (4500 m) & Gyatso la pass (5220 m). En route visit Sakya Monastery. Hotel.
- Day 07 :SHEGAR ZHANGMU (2300 m, 160 Kms) Drive over Lalung la pass to Zhangmu. En route visit Milarepa Cave. Hotel. KATHMANDU (125 kms) Walk across Friendship Bridge to Nepal & transfer to Kathmandu.
For trekking a load of 25 kilos is allowed.